Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Rahman bags 2 Oscars...Slumdog bags 8

And Rahman ended his acceptance speech by saying, Ella Pughazhum Eraivanukke..."All my success and achievements are dedicated to God, God is great."

Finally Indian music got recognition. Thank you Rahman Sir. We love you.

However I must say, I was a little surprised that Slumdog won the Best Film Award. It makes me wanna see the movie again and check what did they like so much in the film. Personally the film wasnt any new for me. Just the usual rags-to-riches story of a slum dweller. What has been potrayed isnt new. All those hardships of slumdwellers has got a lot of screen space even earlier.

But I guess I will never understand the way Oscars is supposed to work. So thats that.

My heartiest congratulations to all who are benefitted from the victory and my salute to Mr Rahman...

0 comments:

Post a Comment